Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Tasty Tuesdays: Feta, Chive, & Sour Cream Biscuits

 

Welcome to Tasty Tuesdays!

I've been cooking again and it feels so good - I missed it!  I made these biscuits over the holidays to bring to a family Christmas get-together.   The original recipe is from one of my favorite food blogs - Joy the Baker.  See the recipe right here.



Ingredients:
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, cold and cut into cubes
- 1 egg, beaten
- 3 tablespoons cold water
- 3/4 cup sour cream, cold
- 1/3 cup chopped chives
- 3/4 cup big crumbles of feta cheese
- 1 egg beaten for egg wash
- coarse sea salt, cracked black pepper, and smoky paprika for topping

1.  Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.  Line two baking sheets with parchment paper (or Silpat mats) and set aside.


2.  In a mixing bowl, stir together flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and black pepper. Cut in butter, using a pastry cutter, until mixture resembles a coarse meal. In another bowl, combine egg, sour cream, and water. Beat lightly with a fork. Add to flour mixture all at once, stirring enough to make a soft and dough. Add the chives and feta. Place dough on a pastry mat and knead the dough together. The mixture will come together in about 10 to 15 kneads.



3.  Roll or pat out into a 1-inch thickness. Cut into 2-inch rounds using a biscuit cutter or glass.  Reshape and roll dough to create more biscuits with excess scraps. Place biscuits on baking sheets.  





4.  Brush with egg wash and sprinkle with salt, black pepper, and paprika. Bake for 12-15 minutes. Serve warm. These biscuits are best eaten the day they’re made, but will last up to 2 days.

{ Yield:  20 biscuits }

I loved these biscuits.  They tasted bast right out of the oven.  I recommend eating them right away!  They didn't taste quite as good later in the day when I brought them to my party.





What did you cook this week?

Party Rules:
1.  Add a link to the post you are linking up back to this post
OR
2.  Add the Tasty Tuesdays button to the post you are linking up.  You will find the button and code on my sidebar.  Thanks!

17 comments:

  1. I can't wait to try out this recipe. Sounds tasty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your biscuits look great. I've never had a savory biscuit before, just the standard buttermilk biscuits. I would love to give your recipe a try. Thanks for sharing. So glad you're cooking again and enjoying it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Biscuits look awesome Alissa. Thanks for hosting and hope you have a great week.
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your biscuits look delicious! Great pictures too. Thanks for hosting. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those sound fantastic! Hubby is the baker in the family... I'm going to make sure he makes up a batch of these!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for hosting!!! I just started a Man Approved Mondays Recipe Party at www.manapproveddiet.com and I'd love it if you would stop by and add a recipe :)
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for hosting - your biscuits look amazing. Would love for you to share tomorrow night on Thursdays Treasures. http://fooddonelight.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well now, these sound beyond delicious. Goin' on the short list for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  9. YUM! These look delish! And I just happen to have all the ingredients...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your biscuits look delish! Thanks for hosting.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just by looking you can almost taste!! Thank you for sharing. I am certainly going to try them

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ooooh, those look delicious! Lovely photos. I'm linking up my chocolate mousse (with a secret ingredient!).

    ReplyDelete
  13. HAD to pin those biscuits. Yum!

    This week I shared a couple of posts: the first is Clarinda Chicken, a 15-minute supper idea. "Got Tax Return" is a list of ideas to spend it on that will be more valuable in the long run than a new TV or iGadget.

    Thank you for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your biscuits look absolutely delicious!! I am going to have to see if I can make a vegan version for my family.

    I think this is my first time linking up with Tasty Tuesday. I'm glad I found you as it looks like a tasty selection of goodies. Thanks for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yummy selections at your party. Thanks for hosting.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Looks so delicious! I see from the pic you used green onions/scallions. Were you out of chives or chose to substitute?

    ReplyDelete
  17. I want these right now nice and hot slathered in butter!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment - each & every one makes me happy.

I respond to your questions via email. If you leave a question in a comment, please make sure to leave your email address in your comment or that it is linked to your account. Otherwise I will not be able to respond!

 

© 2009-2014 33 Shades of Green. All Rights Reserved. | Blog Design By Brittany Douglas

09 10