Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Another Lamp Redo

.
I really enjoyed how my guest room lamp redo turned out and decided to make-over one in my living room.  I've had this lamp for a long time - probably 6 or 7 years.  There was nothing wrong with it and I still really liked it, it just was looking a little dark and was begging for an update.
.
Here's the lamp before:
.
.
See all the brown and dark tones?  Please try and ignore those nasty cords too!
.
A little primer, spray paint, and fabric, and my lamp was transformed.
.
.
 .
I really like the new lighter tones and I love that fabric on the shade!  I had just enough leftover from my bulletin board project.  I couldn't find this exact color online, but Fabric.com has it in a similar color.  I actually bought some of that color recently for an upcoming project - it was a great price and I couldn't resist.
.
The spray paint I used was Krylon, Dover White.
.
.
After I covered the shade with the new fabric I used bias tape to cover the edges, just like I did in my first lamp redo. 
.
.
For step, by step directions, see my original lamp redo post here.
.

32 comments:

  1. That is awesome! I need to do that on the lampshade in my 1/2 bath off the kitchen. Great job! Karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks awesome! My friend Amy redid her lamp shades in this exact fabric :) Great choice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the fabric and the shape of the lamp really shows up nice in white. Great Job Alissa!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! it looks like a totally different lamp! I'm going to check out your how-to right now!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You did a great job, that lamp looks so much better white !

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so lovely. The lamp has such great lines--it looks completely new.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your fabric choice! looks great!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this! It is amazing what a difference some paint and fabric can make to anything!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks great, Alissa. I really love the fabric you used on the shade. It looks so fresh. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is super cute...love the shape of the shade and the fabric you covered it in!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The lamp looks great! Isn't Dover white a nice white? You have probably answered this ? a thousand times, but what color are your walls in those images?

    -Rene

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just love that lamp, the base and the shade look so nice today

    ReplyDelete
  13. much better! the bias tape is a great tip - that's the tricky part to me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the lamp shade! I just discovered your blog and I can already tell I'm going to be addicted! Fabulous! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. so gorgeous! you can really see the details in the lamp now that it is white, and you know i love that fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Amazing job. What a transformation.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love this makeover!

    Going to try one very soon.

    Thanks!

    Cori

    ReplyDelete
  18. I just did a lamp redo! Wish I had seen this post before I did mine. I love yours!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thank you for very interesting article. Please continue writting
    cursos guionArticles pour anniversaire de mariage

    ReplyDelete
  20. This looks awesome! My friend Amy redid her lamp shades in this exact fabric :) Great choice!
    Forum Link Building scamdiscounted Cisco switches

    ReplyDelete
  21. Really cute idea- I need something like this so I can actually see what I have and wear it!
    Fortbildung Buchhaltungwebmaster forum

    ReplyDelete
  22. they are really interesting.. I would like to read more from you. I enjoyed it, It's great. You did very well. Wish you happy
    Rental ManagmentCasas Rurales

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment - each & every one makes me happy.

I respond to your questions via email. If you leave a question in a comment, please make sure to leave your email address in your comment or that it is linked to your account. Otherwise I will not be able to respond!

 

© 2009-2014 33 Shades of Green. All Rights Reserved. | Blog Design By Brittany Douglas

09 10