Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Tasty Tuesdays: BLT Salad

.
Welcome to Tasty Tuesdays!
I'm away on vacation this week so I am re-posting this recipe for a delicious & hearty salad.

.
BLT Salad with Vinaigrette
Ingredients:
- 8 slices bacon
- 1 1/2 cups cherry tomatoes
- 8 cups romaine
- 1/3 cup blue cheese crumbles
- 1/2 avocado (This wasn't in the original recipe but I thought it sounded like a good addition)
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tsp. sugar ( You can leave this out if you want - I did)
- 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
- salt & pepper to taste
(serves 4)
.
.
I'm still picking a ton of tomatoes from my plants, so this was a perfect way to use up a few!
.
.
1.  In large skillet cook bacon over medium heat until crisp.  Remove bacon and drain on paper towels.
.
2.  Halve cherry tomatoes, prepare lettuce, break bacon into small pieces.  Top lettuce with tomatoes, bacon, blue cheese, avocado.
.
3.  For vinaigrette, in a small bowl, combine vinegar, sugar and mustard.  Stir well.  Add olive oil and whisk to blended.
.
4.  Pour vinaigrette over salad and enjoy!
.
.

Recipe adapted from Better Homes and Gardens Magazine, June 2009.  See the original recipe here.
Party Rules:
1.  Add a link in the post you are linking up back to this post
OR
2.  Add the Tasty Tuesday button to the post you are linking up.  You will find that button and code on my sidebar.  Thanks!



17 comments:

  1. your salad looks amazing! I'll order one now please :O) Thanks for hosting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum, your salad is making my mouth water. Thanks for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Salad looks so fresh and delicious. Hope you have a great week and thanks for hosting!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank for hosting again this week. Your salad looks amazing!
    Have a great day :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nomz!! This looks amazing. I'm pinning it now!

    I'm your newest follower.
    pinspiring.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a favorite of mine.

    Thanks so much for carrying on your link party even tho you are on vacation. I really appreciate your loyalty....and love your parties.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your salad looks wonderful. Even though it is cold outside, I still love a good salad.

    Thanks for hosting another great party!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Alissa
    Salad looks lovely. However I am not a great lover of blue cheese, may have to get a substitute for that but otherwise YUM!
    J
    http://www.lifelovesand.blogspot.ie/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your salad looks divine! Very inviting.
    Thanks for hosting even tho you are on vacation. Linked up my entry.

    http://anshu-mymomsrecipes.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hope you're having a great time on vacation. Thanks for hosting even though you're away! =)

    ~ Catie

    ReplyDelete
  11. This salad looks so good! I am pinning it. I also linked up. Thanks for hosting!

    :)
    Rita

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks so much for hosting!

    Linnked up my recipe for RAINBOW SAUERKRAUT. Yumm! Enjoy.

    http://littleowlcrunchymomma.blogspot.com/2012/10/recipe-rainbow-sauerkraut.html

    ReplyDelete
  13. thanks for hosting. have a fabulous week

    ReplyDelete
  14. This looks absolutely delicious and I just pinned this so I can get back to it later!

    xx
    Kelly
    Sparkles and Shoes

    ReplyDelete
  15. i have such a weird love affair with photos of cherry tomatoes.. especially when they're covered in avocado ;) happy vacation!

    this week i've shared a recipe you can use the last of your tomato crop in - margarita pizza! of course, tequila is invited to the party too... obviously. ;)

    p.s. there are still a few more hours to share your seasonal & real/whole food posts with the linky party I host - the Wednesday Fresh Foods Blog Hop - I hope to see you there!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love your blog! I am your newest follower and was hoping that you would stop by my blog and return the favor! ;-)

    www.enjoyingtheepiphany.com

    Thanks,
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  17. OH! I haven't had BLT salad in a long time, and your vinagrette sounds so simply tasty! Thank you for sharing, this is going on my next meal plan =)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment - each & every one makes me happy.

I respond to your questions via email. If you leave a question in a comment, please make sure to leave your email address in your comment or that it is linked to your account. Otherwise I will not be able to respond!

 

© 2009-2014 33 Shades of Green. All Rights Reserved. | Blog Design By Brittany Douglas

09 10