Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Tasty Tuesdays: Chocolate Zucchini Bread


 
Welcome to Tasty Tuesdays!
 
Do you still have zucchini coming from your garden?  I had several zucchini a couple of weeks ago and decided to make chocolate zucchini bread.
 
{ recipe adapted from A Little Nosh Blog.  Find the recipe here }
 
Ingredients:
- 2 cups all purpose flour (feel free to substitute whole wheat if you'd like)
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs, whisked
- 1 banana, mashed
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2 cups zucchini, grated (use your cheese grater)
 
Directions:
1.  Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
 
2.  In a medium bowl, combine the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
 
3.  In a large bowl, stir the vanilla, oil, eggs, banana and honey until combined. Slowly add the dry ingredients into the wet, then stir in the grated zucchini.
 
4.  Pour batter into greased loaf pan and bake for 50 - 60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.  Cool for 10 minutes in the pan, and then remove and cool on wire rack until completely cool.
 
 
I definitely liked the bread, but I was expecting it to be a little sweeter.  It looks just like a brownie, so I guess I was expecting it to taste like on too!  next time, I think I would add 1/2 cup of brown sugar. 
 
 
 
 
What did you cook this week?
 
Party Rules:
1.  Add a link to the post you are linking up back to this post
OR
2.  Add the Tasty Tuesdays button to the post you are linking up.  You will find the button and code on my sidebar.  Thanks!
 


5 comments:

  1. Goodness...that looks and sounds divine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Chocolate Zucchini Bread looks very mosit and delicious. I am sharing my Kid Friendly Pasta today. Hope you are having a great day and thanks for hosting!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks so yummy and delicious...perfectly baked..

    I am sharing my Veggie Breakfast Burritos

    http://anshu-mymomsrecipes.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mmm, looks good Beege. Hope I can try a piece of it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. yum! i need to make this ASAP. love your blog, you have just my type of recipes! newest follower! follow along with us if you like! xo chaseandem.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment - each & every one makes me happy.

I respond to your questions via email. If you leave a question in a comment, please make sure to leave your email address in your comment or that it is linked to your account. Otherwise I will not be able to respond!

 

© 2009-2014 33 Shades of Green. All Rights Reserved. | Blog Design By Brittany Douglas

09 10