Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Tasty Tuesdays: Roasted Sweet Potatoes with Parsley Lemon Pesto


Welcome to Tasty Tuesdays!

I have a delicious side dish to share with you today.  Actually, I think it would be great for lunch too, maybe along with a salad. 

{ Recipe from the March 2012 issue of Whole Living Magazine }

Ingredients:
- 4 sweet potatoes, scrubbed and cut into 1-inch wedges
- 7 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 cups fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon chopped garlic (about 1 small clove)
- 1/2 cup raw walnuts, toasted
- Grated zest of 1 lemon, plus 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice

{ I cut the recipe in half }


1.  Preheat oven to 425 degrees. On a rimmed baking sheet, toss sweet potatoes with 1 tablespoon oil. Season with salt and pepper. Roast, turning once, until golden and tender, 23 to 25 minutes. Let cool slightly.



2.  Meanwhile, pulse parsley, garlic, walnuts, zest, and lemon juice in a food processor {or blender; that's what I used} until coarsely chopped. Drizzle remaining 6 tablespoons oil and process until combined. Season with salt and pepper.

One word for you:  Delicious!  I loved this dish.  I may or may not have eaten the entire plate myself.  Sweet potatoes are good for you, right?




What did you cook this week?

{ Party Rules }
1.  Add a link to the post you are linking up back to this post.
OR
2.  Add the Tasty Tuesdays button to the post you are linking up.  You will find the button on my sidebar.  Thanks!

14 comments:

  1. This is a wonderful recipe! I love sweet potatoes and pesto :) Thanks so much for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never seen sweet potatoes look so good - and the color of that pesto is out of this world! I'd have eaten the whole plate, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your photos are fabulous and the colors of the recipe are gorgeous.
    What a great recipes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just saw this recipe in Whole Living magazine and was thinking about making it, looks yum!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would never have thought to combine these two but it looks super delish!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That looks so good, sweet potatoes are one of my favorite things
    Have a great Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. yummmmm- roasted sweet potatoes and pesto are two of my favorite things.
    Thanks for hosting this link party! I'm sharing an easy roasted veggie and chickpea quinoa bowl... it's super healthy and suuuper delicious :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. we're pesto buddies this week!!

    i've linked up a quick but delicious recipe for pesto meatballs. haha, balls. hahaha...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi,
    I shared a recipe for grain-free apple kugel, purple pickled eggs. Also, an article about salt and the dangers of salt reduction and a grain-free Passover dinner menu.

    Join the fun! I’m giving away 2 pounds of Celtic Sea Salt!

    http://realfoodforager.com/giveaway-2-pounds-of-celtic-sea-salt-22-00-value/

    Thanks for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  10. How do you make polenta even better?? Is it possible. heck yeah! Put an egg on it! ...and while you're at it, why not some blue cheese, pistachios, and wild mushrooms!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow - that sounds (and looks) really really good! I'm pinning it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for hosting! Those sweet potatoes look so tasty! Love the contrasting colors

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you for hosting! Adore your parsley lemon pesto :) Have a wonderful Easter weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Mmmm. These look really good. This is the second sweet potato recipe I've seen this week that I want to try. I love the color contrast, too.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment - each & every one makes me happy.

I respond to your questions via email. If you leave a question in a comment, please make sure to leave your email address in your comment or that it is linked to your account. Otherwise I will not be able to respond!

 

© 2009-2014 33 Shades of Green. All Rights Reserved. | Blog Design By Brittany Douglas

09 10