Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Tasty Tuesdays: Banana Blueberry Pancakes

Welcome to Tasty Tuesdays!
Last weekend I made these delicious pancakes for breakfast.  I adapted the recipe from one found in the December 2011 issue of Self Magazine.  They are supposed to be a healthier version of pancakes.  They were delicious, but I have to say I sort of missed the sweetness you would have with more traditional pancakes.  next time I make these I might add just a touch of sugar.
Ingredients:
- 1 cup whole-wheat flour
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds, crushed walnuts or crushed pecans
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 medium bananas
- 1 cup nonfat or almond milk
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon almond or vanilla extract
- 1 cup blueberries
- Vegetable oil cooking spray
Preparation:  In a bowl, combine first 5 ingredients. Mash 1 banana; in another bowl, mix mashed banana with milk, egg and almond extract. Pour liquid ingredients into dry ingredients; stir until smooth. Add berries to batter. Warm a skillet over medium heat; coat with cooking spray. Measure 1⁄3 cup batter; pour onto skillet. Cook until golden brown, 2 to 3 minutes per side. Repeat until batter is gone.

What did you cook this week?

Party Rules:
1.  Add a link in the post you are linking up back to this post
or
2.  Add the Tasty Tuesdays button to the post you are linking up.  You will find the button and code on my sidebar.  Thanks!

24 comments:

  1. Thanks for hosting! I was excited to be the first to link up! That has never happened before :) Have a great week and let me know when I can come over and eat those pancakes! YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alissa, thanks for hosting! I linked up some pancakes this week, and soup! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yummy! Gosh, I wish I had pancakes more often! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum! I just made blueberry pancakes for dinner last night! They were so good!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These look heavenly! I love blueberries :) Thanks so much for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These look so good and make me wish for summer!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those pancakes look positively wonderful! If I wasn't already supposed to be out the door, I'd whip up a batch this morning!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi,
    I shared a recipe for a Cacao Date Energy Bar. Also, an article about fructose.

    Your pancakes look good!

    Thanks for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Alissa!

    I don't think I've ever made pancake batter from scratch, lol. I've always just added blueberries/bananas to premade mixes. The pancakes from your recipe look so fluffy and delicious!

    Have a great week!

    -Shelly

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those pancakes look DELISH! Definitely making these this weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good Morning Alissa,
    Those pancakes look amazing! I am sharing my Rosemary Pork Roast in the Slow Cooker today. Thank you for hosting and have a wonderful week!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your pancakes look delicious....I feel like making some right now.

    Thank you for hosting. I am linking my Pork & Potato Baked In Foil....hope you enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. agreed - pancakes are the shit. My partner has made them for me two Sundays in a row! My initial response is, "how lucky am I??" ...My follow-up response is "what did he do now?"... ;)

    Happy linky day! :)

    This week I've published a recipe for homemade churros - think of them like phallic looking Spanish doughnuts. Kind of. And who doesn't love phallic looking Spanish doughnuts?? Pot de creme recipe to follow!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh, those pancakes! Yum.

    Thank you for hosting this link-up! I shared Quinoa Pudding, an old-fashioned, oven-baked pudding with spices and raisins. It is gluten and egg free. (I was out of eggs, and it turned out just fine.)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you for hosting! Have a wonderful week :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yum! I am loving blueberry everything right now :)
    mickey

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh! Those pancakes look delicious! Do you deliver? Thanks for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  18. These would have been perfect for Shrove Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Blueberries make me so happy!

    You know what else makes me happy? your linky party! This week i've linked up my recipe adaptation for braising green & caramelized onion tacos. Talk about West coast Winter food!

    ReplyDelete
  20. those pancakes look absolutely delicious! i am so gonna spend hours looking through all these recipes! :D

    <3, Mimi
    http://whatmimiwrites.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  21. Now those look tasty! I love me some pancakes, thanks for hosting! I just linked up my tofu nuggets and waffle fries!!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. The pancakes look amazing, love the pics! Thanks for hosting!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment - each & every one makes me happy.

I respond to your questions via email. If you leave a question in a comment, please make sure to leave your email address in your comment or that it is linked to your account. Otherwise I will not be able to respond!

 

© 2009-2014 33 Shades of Green. All Rights Reserved. | Blog Design By Brittany Douglas

09 10