Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Tasty Tuesdays: Candy Corn Fudge

.
Welcome to Tasty Tuesdays!
.
Can you believe it's October?  I can't.  I'm pretty sure I blinked and September was over.  Seriously. 
.
.
Here's a perfect sweet treat for October - candy corn fudge.  I found this recipe while browsing through Woman's Day Magazine.  Click here for the original recipe.
.
Ingredients:
- 8 oz cream cheese, at room temperature
- 2 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 3 cups white chocolate chips (about 18 oz)
- 2 cups mini pretzels or broken pretzel pieces
- 1 cup dried cherries or cranberries
- 1 cup candy corn
.
.
Directions:
1.  Line an 8- or 9-in. square pan with 2 sheets of parchment paper, leaving an overhang on all sides.

2.  Using an electric mixer, beat the cream cheese and sugar in a large bowl until smooth, about 2 minutes; beat in the vanilla.

3.  Meanwhile, melt the chocolate in the microwave according to package directions.

4.  Add the melted chocolate to the cream cheese mixture and beat until smooth, 1 to 2 minutes. Fold in the pretzels and cherries (or cranberries). Transfer the mixture to the prepared pan and top with the candy corn.   To make the fudge look a little prettier, I also added more cranberries and pretzels to the top.  Refrigerate until firm, at least 2 hours and up to 2 days.

5.  Using the overhangs, transfer the fudge to a cutting board and cut into 1-in. pieces. Serve in mini cupcake liners, if desired.  Keep refrigerated.
.
.
Believe me when I tell you that these are really, really sweet.  A small piece is all it takes to cure your sweet tooth.
.
...........................................................

18 comments:

  1. Alissa, thanks for hosting. Candy Corn fudge has been on my list of treats to make. Love the pretzels in there, yum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow...it's so beautiful, Alissa. The boys would LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Alissa,
    Your Candy Corn Fudge is great. Thanks for hosting and have a wonderful week.
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum yum yum! This looks so good and I bet it would be fun to let the kids help make it. Will have to give it a try!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for hosting another wonderful week! Oooh! Candy Corn Fudge?! Looks very interesting! I added the Three-Bean Tukkey Chili.

    ReplyDelete
  6. OH wow...this looks simply delicious!! Perfect for Halloween! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. It looks so festive! I can't believe it's time to get out the Halloween decorations!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lol, this made me seriously get up and go get the little bowl of candy corn sitting out on our table, without even thinking! That's proof it looks delish :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome recipe and photos! Added myself to tasty tuesday but your grab it code says that the image has been moved. Can you help?

    ReplyDelete
  10. HI,
    I shared my videos for making grain-free roll out cookie dough and coconut whipped cream as well as the reasons for my upcoming grain-free challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I ripped this recipe from the magazine too. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  12. oh my yumminess! I like it ....and I'm so excited about October!

    Caterine
    730design.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow! Wonderful fudge....perfect for Halloween:) I linked up my chicken marsala...thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh My goodness can you say "trouble" that looks amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This looks delicious! I MUST try this for Halloween!

    ReplyDelete
  16. That fudge looks like fun to make and fun to eat!

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a fun recipe! This not only looks gorgeous, but so delicious as well! I love your blog and am your newest follower.

    xo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment - each & every one makes me happy.

I respond to your questions via email. If you leave a question in a comment, please make sure to leave your email address in your comment or that it is linked to your account. Otherwise I will not be able to respond!

 

© 2009-2014 33 Shades of Green. All Rights Reserved. | Blog Design By Brittany Douglas

09 10