Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Tasty Tuesdays...Shrimp Pad Thai

.
Welcome to Tasty Tuesdays!
.
Can you believe this is the 12th installment of Tasty Tuesdays here @ 33 Shades of Green?  Wow - time is flying.  Thanks so much to all of you who take the time to link up.  It's really fun to see what you all are cooking.
.
This weekend I made Shrimp Pad Thai.  Yum - it was delicious!  I've had pad Thai several times out at restaurants but have never made it at home.  I was really surprised at how simple it is to make.  Much simpler than I expected!
.
The recipe I used is from the March 2011 issue of Cooking Light Magazine.  For the original recipe and a printable version click here.
.
.
Ingredients:
- 8 ounces uncooked flat rice noodles (pad Thai noodles)
- 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons lower-sodium soy sauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon Sriracha or chili garlic sauce
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 cup (2-inch) green onion pieces
- 8 ounces peeled and deveined large shrimp
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup fresh bean sprouts
- 1/4 cup chopped unsalted dry-roasted peanuts
- 3 tablespoons thinly sliced fresh basil
.
.
.
1.  Cook noodles according to package directions; drain.
.
2.  While water comes to a boil, combine sugar and next 4 ingredients (through Sriracha) in a small bowl.
.
3.  Heat a large skillet or wok over medium-high heat. Add oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add onion pieces, shrimp, and garlic; stir-fry 2 minutes or until shrimp is almost done.
.

4.  Add cooked noodles; toss to combine. Stir in sauce; cook 1 minute, stirring constantly to combine. Arrange about 1 cup noodle mixture on each of 4 plates; top each serving with 1/4 cup bean sprouts, 1 tablespoon peanuts, and 2 teaspoons basil.
.
.
.
I really enjoyed this dish.  next time I make it I think I'll add a sliced red pepper and maybe more green onions.  This would also be delicious with chicken.
.
What did you make this week?
.
{ Please remember to add a link in your post back to this post or the Tasty Tuesdays button which can be found on my sidebar.  Thanks! }
.



31 comments:

  1. Looks like you've made some changes to your blog. Looks Great!!! Thanks for hosting again this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks really good. Your pictures are really fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum! looks delicious Alissa! Love the new look of your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the new look!! And can't wait to try your recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks so, so good, Alissa!

    And, I love the makeover. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I always order Pad Thai at restaurants, but haven't tried it at home yet either. Thanks so much for the shrimp version. I will definitely give it a try!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I ♥ pad thai Alissa. That looks so good. I like your new look :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks delicious! I love pad thai and just "assumed" it was more complicated! I will have to put this on my list. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love pad thai! This is going in my recipe file for sure, thanks for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous looking pad thai!
    Thanks for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just linked my recipe! I also host a recipe link up on Tuesdays called Recipe of the Week. http://golden-reflections.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love Pad Thai and that looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This sounds (and looks) so good. I will be making it next week!!
    xo
    Ashlyn

    ReplyDelete
  14. This Pad Thai looks wonderful and so easy to make. I can't wait to give it a try. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gosh, I love pad thai! Your photos are superb! Looks so incredible! Thanks for hosting; I'm linked up with a link back to your hop on my post. Hope you can stop by my blog hop this Friday or weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Alissa! I am sharing my recipe for Grape Crisp With Port Wine. This recipe is gluten free, but it can be made with "regular" flour and oats if you don't have an issue with gluten.

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a coincidence, I just had this dish at lunch this afternoon at one of my favorite restaurants. It was so yummy I told my friends that I couldn't wait to come back to order it again. Now I don't have to, I can try this.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Yum! Looks delicious!
    mickey

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love this dish. First time linking up for your tasty tuesdays...thanks for the opportunity! Looking forward to browsing your beautiful blog!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow! This looks SO SO delicious! Wish I had a recipe to show off this week! Congrats on the 12th installment! :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Yum that looks great. We love pad thai but I've never made it, so now I guess I'll need to give it a try!

    : )

    ReplyDelete
  22. Bookmarked this one!! Love Thai food and this is a dish the whole family would enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  23. The Pad Thai looks great and so simple too ... I'd love to try a chicken version!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I'm so excited to have found your blog. I'm reading through some of your tutorials this morning in hopes it will inspire me to finally make some curtains and cusions!
    I'm your newest follower.
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I had a couple issues with the linking so mine is posted twice :( - #75 and 76 are both mine. :(

    ReplyDelete
  26. I love seeing all the wonderful recipes and finding lots of new site...thanks for hosting :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. I tried this recipe, only I used whole wheat linguine and left out the fish sauce and bean sprouts. It was delicious! Thank you for the recipe.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment - each & every one makes me happy.

I respond to your questions via email. If you leave a question in a comment, please make sure to leave your email address in your comment or that it is linked to your account. Otherwise I will not be able to respond!

 

© 2009-2014 33 Shades of Green. All Rights Reserved. | Blog Design By Brittany Douglas

09 10