Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Tasty Tuesdays...Reese's Chewy Chocolate Cookies

.
These cookies are a family favorite.  My sister is the one who originally found the recipe - on the back of the Reese's chip package!  I don't know exactly when she found the recipe but I remember making them in college - so it's been a while!
.
.
Ingredients:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/4 cups butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1-2/3 cups (10 oz package) Reese's Peanut Butter Chips
.
.
{ cookies in progress... }
.
Directions:
1. Heat oven to 350°F. Stir together flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt; set aside.
.
2.  Beat butter and sugar in large bowl with mixer until fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla; beat well. Gradually add flour mixture, beating well. Stir in peanut butter chips. Drop by rounded teaspoons onto ungreased cookie sheet. { The recipe says teaspoons, but mine are usually the size of tablespoons }
.
.
.
3.  Bake 8 to 9 minutes. (Do not overbake; cookies will be soft. They will puff while baking and flatten while cooling.) Cool slightly; remove from cookie sheet to wire rack. Cool completely. About 4-1/2 dozen cookies.
.
.I've never tried the pan recipe, but it sure sounds good:
PAN RECIPE: Spread batter in greased 15-1/2x10-1/2x1-inch jelly-roll pan. Bake at 350°F 20 minutes or until set. Cool completely in pan on wire rack; cut into bars. About 4 dozen bars.
.
.
Now it's your turn.  What did you cook this week?
.
{ Please remember to add a link in your post back to Tasty Tuesdays or add the Tasty Tuesdays button which can be found on my side bar.  Thanks! }
.

 

28 comments:

  1. WOW! We would LOVE those. I'm doing the copy and paste now...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow! These could be dangerous Alissa. A definite must try. One of the these days I'm going to link to your party.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I JUST found these a couple of weeks ago. I thought I would give them a try even though I think the recipe on the back of the pkg NEVER turns out well. We all LOVE them. I was saving the pkg for the recipe and hubby threw it away. The ONE thing in the WHOLE kitchen he picked up and threw away. ARG!!! But now i have the recipe again! woohoo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OK, I realize I haven’t finished my morning caffeine… but is the link-up button missing?

    ReplyDelete
  5. This look really yummy! I will link up later today if the button is back, have a terrific day.

    -Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  6. These cookies look perfect!!! This would have made my breakfast perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  7. These look awesome! i would love some!

    No button yet.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yummmmmmmm! My husband (and I!) would love these!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh man, now I am craving one of those cookies!! They look amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh my! these look so good I can almost smell them from here! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. These look yummy! Now I have to get the ingredients to make some myself! Thanks Alissa!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yum. These look divine. Your pictures make me want to run to the store and buy all the ingredients now, however it will have to wait as I'm packing to leave on a trip tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  13. P.S. Have you done away with the linky?

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yummy yummy yummy I got love in my tummy.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for hosting, I linked to my Blue Hake with Hazelnuts and Capers. Enjoy your vacation.

    -Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your cookies look great!
    I am sharing my recipe for Crunchy Pecan Cookies. These cookies are naturally gluten free because the flour in them is just a little bit of potato starch.
    Thanks for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks for hosting! I haven't taken part since Lish passed it off. I linked up the yummiest buttermilk berry muffins :)
    I'm going to add your link now.

    ReplyDelete
  18. The photos on the post are really gorgeous. Lovely. I've linked up some Thin Mint Brownies, though I promise I do make other things besides tasty, fatty sweets! I guess I should look for some new, healthier recipes here! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Alissa,
    Your cookies look absolutely decadent! Thanks for the recipe.

    I brought my molasses spice ice cream sandwiches with banana ginger rum icecream.

    Thanks for hosting...especially while soaking up some sun ;)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Choc + PB are a favorite combo in my house! these look yummy

    ReplyDelete
  21. Chocolate peanut butter is a favorite here in our house. However I only make them for the Winter holidays so its good to indulge.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Alissa, first of all hope you are having a splendid time on your getaway!
    Second, those cookies look delicious and I will definitely be trying this recipe soon!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Delicious looking cookies! Have fun on vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Alissa, I could sure use one of those yummy cookies right now! Linking up a great recipe for Amish Beef gravy that is awesome over biscuits. All the best, Alex

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hi, Alissa. I just wanted to say thanks for doing this! I'm fairly new to Tasty Tuesdays. I think this is my third time participating, and I plan to try to keep at it. I really enjoy your blog. It looks great visually, and it's interesting. I hope you're enjoying your vacation, and thanks for the great cookie recipe. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment - each & every one makes me happy.

I respond to your questions via email. If you leave a question in a comment, please make sure to leave your email address in your comment or that it is linked to your account. Otherwise I will not be able to respond!

 

© 2009-2014 33 Shades of Green. All Rights Reserved. | Blog Design By Brittany Douglas

09 10