Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Spring Wreath

.
Have you noticed all the beautiful moss wreaths out in blogland lately?  I love the fresh, Springy look of the green moss, so I decided to make my own version.
.
.
Here's what I used:
- Styrofoam wreath form
- 2 1/2 packages of sheet moss
- branch with bird's nest
- plastic eggs
- craft paint
- silk flowers
- glue gun
- ribbon to hang
.
I couldn't find any eggs that I liked, so I bought some and painted them blue and then added speckles with brown paint.  (My speckling technique wasn't so great - I got more on the paint bottle than on the eggs!)
.
The eggs looked like this:
.
.
And after painting, looked like this:
.
.
Much, much better. . .The pastel, sparkle eggs weren't really doing it for me.
.
Next, I started covering the wreath form with the moss.  I put the glue on the moss and then wrapped it around the wreath.
.
.
.
The branch I used looked a little bare, so I added a few silk flowers.  I pulled the flowers off the original stem and used the glue gun to attach them to my branch.
.
.
I wasn't sure about the flowers at first, but I definitely like how they look now.
.
I glued the eggs to the nest and then attached the branch to the wreath.  I used wire and pushed it through the wreath and twisted it together on the back to attach.
.
.
I hung the wreath with ribbon on cabinets in a nook in my kitchen. 
.
.
.
.
.
I am linking up to:

24 comments:

  1. I wish I had a smidge of your talent! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How adorable! That is perfect for the Spring! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE it! I especially love the flowered branches and nest with eggs! It looks great hanging from those cabinet doors!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very springy indeed. I love how the moss looks and have been very into blue eggs in nests this year myself- so this struck me right away.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great wreath! The eggs turned out super cute.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is so cute! Great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your moss wreath with the nest and eggs attached! I'm still getting over a blister from my last project with moss, but I would love to do one of these.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really like how you made the eggs, I think I have both those colors in craft paint - and those eggs would be cute year round. Thanks for the idea!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the elegant simplicity of your wreath. Totally my style. The eggs are perfect and the touch of yellow....gorgeous. Beautiful!
    Holly
    504 Main

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am with Holly, I just love the elegant simplicity of this! Perfect touches. Thanks for linking up to Be Inspired today - your blog is lovely, I will be back!

    Chelsea

    ReplyDelete
  11. absolutely adorable! way cute! I hopped over from Sew Much Ado and am so happy that I did! Please accept my invitation to drop in at my place one day this week when you get a moment. until later

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful! I love the touch of yellow with the blue eggs :)
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  13. That is so exquisite. You really are such a talented person and your photographs are beautiful. I just love visiting this blog!

    Blessings and best wishes for a very Happy Easter,
    Natasha.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Just love Alissa. I love the step by step photos.

    ReplyDelete
  15. It's a beautiful wreath. I love the colours. Have a wonderful Easter weekend Alissa. We are off to get some ingredients for our Good Friday Hot Cross Buns. Anything with icing is a favourite food for me : )
    Dana

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautifully simple. I love the look of the moss too!

    Thanks for linking up to Make it Yours Day at My Backyard Eden!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Simple and sweet.
    Delightfully darling!
    I can do that!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love your wreath! So fresh and pretty. Thanks for stopping by my blog. Yours is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful! love the colors and the moss!

    www.craftyjules.etsy.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a fun spring wreath. I love it! Thanks for sharing at 'Look at me, I'm SO Crafty!' at Fun to Craft!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a cute project! I'll definitely have to try this in the future.

    Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. YAY! I just found you! And I'm so happy I did!! I love it!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love it! That's my style for spring! :) Looks like, I'm going out moss shopping. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment - each & every one makes me happy.

I respond to your questions via email. If you leave a question in a comment, please make sure to leave your email address in your comment or that it is linked to your account. Otherwise I will not be able to respond!

 

© 2009-2014 33 Shades of Green. All Rights Reserved. | Blog Design By Brittany Douglas

09 10