Friday, January 15, 2010

Fabric Covered Bulletin Board

.
I made this fabric covered bulletin board after seeing it on Everything LEB.  You can see her post here.
.
Supplies:
- Cork Bulletin Board with wood edge.  The one I used is 17" x 23" and was only $6.00!  To see what type of bulletin board I used click here.
- Fabric of your choice
- Upholstery Tacks (Can be found at your local fabric store)
- Staple Gun.
.
..
Cut fabric to size and wrap around board.  Attach fabric with stable gun to the wood edge on the back of the board.
..
After fabric is attached, insert upholstery tacks around the front edge of the board.  The tacks I bought came in a box of 24.  I used three boxes and had just enough to go all the way around the board.
..
Here's a close up:
.
.
The finished board hanging in a nook in my kitchen:
.
..
I made another board in a different fabric for my craft room (I haven't gotten around to hanging it yet!)
..

.
I've linked up to:
Remodelaholic Anonymous Fridays.  Click here to check it out!
Frugalicous Fridays @ Finding Fabulous.  Click here!
Make it For Monday @ Cottage Instincts.  Click here!
SNS @ Funky Junk Interiors.  Click here!
.

10 comments:

  1. I love this... And I have a cork board! Double score! Thanks for linking, this is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is GORGEOUS! Love the fabric and the tacks... I NEED to make one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is beautiful. I saw this a while back on another blog and it has been on my to-do list for my son's room. I am just looking for the right fabric.
    Thanks for following! Nice to meet another creative lady!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this variation with the fabric wrapped around the board. Great fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is so adorable! I'm definitely going to have to make one of my own. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the colors and design of the fabric. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is very cute! It looks professionally done!

    ReplyDelete
  8. very cool thanks for sharing the how tos

    ReplyDelete
  9. These came out great ~ I have an old bulletin board with a wood frame that I'm going to have to try this on. Stopping in from FJI-SNS
    htt://welcometotheturnerfarm.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. This looks so great! I love the thumbtack detail along the edges!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment - each & every one makes me happy.

I respond to your questions via email. If you leave a question in a comment, please make sure to leave your email address in your comment or that it is linked to your account. Otherwise I will not be able to respond!

 

© 2009-2014 33 Shades of Green. All Rights Reserved. | Blog Design By Brittany Douglas

09 10